Google

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Not quite 2 yet....


OK, I know this site is named two sons, but the truth is I only have 1 running around right now. He is two(as of yesterday), and already outsmarting me at every turn. The second one is due to arrive any day(minute?!?) now. I plan to use this site to share personnel stories and highlights of raising two boys. I know this will be boring for most people, but this post is mostly for the grandparents. Being who I am, I am sure there will also be a lot of Boston Sports cheering/complaining as well. My two year old already calls any athletic event "Red Sox" and can do the "Let's go Red Sox" chant.

So, let's get to it. The reason for today's post. I NEED HELP! The baby is due any day now, and we still can not think of a name! We didn't name our first son(Ryan Michael) until my wife was deep into labor. We are just not good at this. It's not that we can't agree on a name, we can't even pick a name to argue over. I think I used up all my naming talent on the dog(Fenway)

We did decide that we do not want anything starting with D. My wife doesn't like The D___ Doherty flow. We would also like to go with an Irish name. Any good ones out there?

3 Comments:

At 6:38 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice page!
How about some good irish names:

Gannon: Irish, Gaelic: Fair-skinned

or

Colin: Gaelic: A child or cub; variant of Coilean. In some languages, Colin is a nickname for Nicholas.

 
At 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Colin won't work because that is Ryan's best friend. I'm going with Bradon, or Braddon. Bradon Doherty. Sounds perfect. Plus I am 2 for 2 with picking the sex of the kids, so I should win the name picking prize.

-Not to mention I AM the Godfather...

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger R&BMommy said...

Jeff, I am very impressed you know Ryan's best friend's name. Completely restores my faith in you in being godfather to number 2. Doesn't give you naming rights though. Braedan is on the short list, so if it happens, NO CREDIT FOR YOU.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home